Homemade Chili Recipe ©
Cook up this tasty homemade chili recipe by Melonie Turley. Enjoy it vegetarian style or add meat and other optional ingredients. Tastes great with
Perfect Cooked Beans:
Sort (this means take out the bad pieces) and wash 2 quarts of dry beans.
Soak overnight in 1 gallon of water with
1 tablespoon of salt.
In the morning, drain, rinse and put in 8-quart crock-pot. Cover the beans with fresh water and add 1 large, diced onion.
Simmer 8 hrs.
About 1-4 hours before serving, add seasonings. (Don’t add seasonings during first 4 hours of cooking.)
- 3 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon (optional)
- ¼ t liquid smoke (optional)
You can freeze the leftover beans to use later.
- 4 cups Cooked Beans
- Water (can use liquid from cooked beans). Personal preference - some people like thick chili and some like it more soupy.
- 8 oz can of Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Salsa Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon (or pkg) Chili Powder Optional Ingredients:
Food Storage Recipes from Homemade Chili Recipe
Homemade Soup Recipes
Pinto Bean Recipes