Crunchy Wheat Cereal
Use your wheat flour to make this yummy crunchy wheat cereal. You can also make poultry season, salad toppers, and other delicious variations.
Makes approximately 5 cups of cereal and 2 cups of crumbs.
- 6 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups buttermilk (2/3 cup powdered milk, 2 cups water, 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice)
Mix ingredients thoroughly. Press evenly into two ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350°F until golden brown around the edges.
Turn over with spatula, break into small pieces, and return to 200°F oven to dry out thoroughly.
Grind chunks in food or meat chopper on coarse blade.
Put ground chunks in strainer and sift out small granular pieces. Larger pieces may be used for cereal and casseroles. Finer pieces may be used like graham cracker crumbs.
- Add cinnamon to the dough before baking.
- Add nutmeg to give a custard or eggnog flavor.
- By eliminating honey and adding sage, poultry season, celery salt, and bouillon granules, you can make poultry stuffing.
- Make salad toppers by adding garlic salt, onion powder, salt, or other favorite condiments.
Food Storage Recipes from Crunchy Wheat Cereal
Healthy Breakfast Foods
Recipes With Honey
Powdered Milk Recipes
Like this page? Share it. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.