Vegetables Loosing Liquid During Canning Process
by Jennifer Willis
(Provident Living Today)
Why do my vegetables loose liquid during the canning process?
- Packing food too tightly in jar
- Filling jars too full (will start siphoning affect)
Too high pressureFluctuation in pressure (sudden lowering)Leakage of steam at petcock or around lid of cookerOpening petcock before gauge returns to zeroReasons for Failure in Canning
- Fill non-starchy food to within 1/2" of top
- Fill starchy food to within 1" of top
- Fill liquid for all vegetables - 1/2" of top
Utah State University Cooperative Extension
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Home Canning Questions & Answers.