Shepherds Pie is a good old-fashioned casserole that everyone loves. This is a great food storage recipe.
- 1 Quart
- 1-Pound Hamburger (You can use any kind of meat: chicken chunks, shredded beef, canned meat, etc. Depending on your family’s preference, you can use more or less meat than this.)
- 1 Can Tomato Soup
- ½ Quart
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
(If you don’t have this sauce, just add an extra can of tomato soup. You can also use cream of mushroom soup instead of the tomato soup and spaghetti sauce.)
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder (optional)
- Fresh Potatoes or Potato Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Cheese (optional)
Drain the water off the beans and spread them out in a 9” x 11” pan.
Cook your meat and onions together.
Mix the cooked meat in with the green beans.
Mix your tomato soup and spaghetti sauce together.
If you’re not using the homemade spaghetti sauce, you can add some chili powder (optional) to your tomato soup.
Make mashed potatoes and salt and pepper them to taste. Spread the mashed potatoes on top of the other layers. The potatoes should be about ½” – ¾” thick.
Sprinkle cheese on top of the potatoes.
Bake uncovered at 350°F until the cheese is melted and the ingredients in the shepherd pie casserole are warm.
Tomato Recipes from Shepherds Pie
Food Storage Recipes
Like this page? Share it. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.