Roasted Homemade Tomato Soup
Enjoy this delicious homemade tomato soup.
by Vicki Craw
- Take 10 Roma Tomatoes and slice into halves. (any tomato is fine)
- Take 2 Yellow or Red Onions, remove skin and slice into ½ inch slice
- Take 1 Red, Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper and slice into 2 inch pieces (or other peppers as desired)
- Coat each of the above with Olive Oil and place on Sheet. (for easier clean-up, place tin foil under your cooking sheet) (also, it is suggested that you use your largest cooking sheet)
- Roast at 350 degrees for 1½ -2 hrs.
- Saute’ about 6-8 cloves of minced garlic in Olive oil.
- Puree entire mixture in either a Food Processor or Blender.
- Heat in soup pan to the desired temperature while adding and stirring in ½ - 1 pint of heavy cream to desired texture.
- Season to taste with Tyme, Basil, Pepper and Salt*.
(*Salt not necessary for a great taste for those on Low Sodium diets.)
Homemade Soup Recipes from Homemade Tomato Soup
Food Storage Recipes